Monday, May 28, 2012

Memorial Day

When I think of those that have served our country and lost their lives doing so, I grieve. For the young lives lost but also for those left behind. Especially their mamas. Undoubtedly I know the almost hurting love a mother has for her child. The moment you see that tiny face they own your heart...forever


 Then they grow bigger and it feels as if that love grows deeper. Roots down deep into your soul. You see that baby face change into the face of a young man and it engulfs your heart with pride


This Memorial Day I watched my boys play in the sprinkler. Something so sweet and simple but never to be taken lightly.

To the Brave Ones past and present, those who have laid down their most precious gift, I am forever greatful. Because of their sacrifice I can watch my children play without worry or fear. I can worship my God without inhibition. My simple thank you will never be enough but I will always offer it. 

But we must not forget their loved ones left behind. Those who taught early on what it meant to be brave. To be courageous even when facing danger. To be loyal their country, one that holds freedom for all close to its heart. Those that loved and supported. Those that lost and grieve. My prayers are with you always. Thank you. 

"Greater love has no man that this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
                                                           John 15:13

*Stop on over at my husbands blog. He wrote a beautiful piece on Memorial Day. www.tomatersandwich.blogspot.com

No comments: