Monday, August 3, 2009

Weekend Finds

How cute are these? I am such a coffee junkie so I was thrilled when I found these. First off I don't know about you but I love these monogramed mugs, but they have been out of "C" forever! I found these at Homegoods (that place is dangerous). So now my freshly ground coffee grinds have a pretty home and my coffee tastes even better this morning in my "C" mug. Not too bad for a total of $7.


Okay, first off please don't judge me when if comes to the paint color in this room it was formally the playroom. When we officially decided to homeschool I wanted to make a classroom vs. teaching at the dinning room table. I know there are some who are against that, saying the whole point of homeschool is to get away from "formal teaching" but I knew this would be best for us. My boys are soooo active and I am going to need a place where there are no distractions and everything is school focused. Our church had a school back in the day so I inquired about getting desks for the boys from there. Thank the Lord they gave me 2 precious little desks for FREE. I do plan on redoing them though, they're in need of alittle TLC. I also needed a desk to where I can just spread my lesson stuff out on, so we went antiquing. I found this sweet little piano table. It is a flat surface and then just like opening a piano it has a great writing/storage space inside. The shop keeper said it's from the 1800's but I always take them very lightly. When my antiquing day's began I was told by the shop owner that I was buying a pretty little enamelware bowl to put fruit in but I was later informed by my husband it was a pee pot. My pee pot now holds flowers on the deck. Yeah so back to what I was saying, I'm not really too sure how old it is.




Come back for a visit and I'll show you how it looks all painted and decorated. Hope your Monday is filled with sweet blessings!

1 comment:

Lemonade Makin' Mama said...

Oooh can't wait to see.

Finding a homeschooling space can be such a challenge!

I'm starting to get things in order round here too... time's flying by and before I know it, we'll be starting up again. Yikes!